How Whiplash Can Affect Your Personal Injury Claim
Whiplash is a type of injury that is often associated with car accidents. It occurs when a person’s head is violently thrown forward and then quickly snaps back, causing damage to the tissues of the neck and upper back. While whiplash is a common injury in car accidents, it is often misunderstood, and the true impact of this injury can be easily overlooked.
The Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that often does not present immediate symptoms. In many cases, the symptoms of whiplash may take several hours or even days to develop, at which point neck pain, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue set in. In severe cases, whiplash can even lead to memory problems, sleep disturbances, and difficulty concentrating.
The Impact of Whiplash on Personal Injury Claims
If you have been in a car accident and have suffered a whiplash injury, it is important to understand how it can impact your personal injury claim. Whiplash is considered a soft tissue injury which is often difficult to diagnose and prove. As a result, insurance companies may challenge the validity of your claim and try to reduce the compensation you receive.
You must retain the services of an experienced car accident lawyer to maximize the value of your personal injury claim, especially since insurance carriers so often contest whiplash claims. When Attorney Dodrill presents your case, there will be no doubt about the injuries you suffered or the compensation you deserve.
The Importance of Seeking Legal Representation
Plaza Injury Law has a proven track record of successfully recovering compensation for car accident injury victims.
- Attorney Dodrill will address any liability or negligence issues in the accident. As a car accident lawyer, he knows what it takes to prove who was at fault. For example, the evidence in semi-truck accidents can be very different than in an accident between two passenger vehicles.
- He will collect all the evidence needed to support your claim, including police reports and medical records.
- He understands that injuries aren’t just physical. They can be emotional, mental, and economic as well. Lost wages, medical expenses, and the loss of a loved one’s companionship can all be injuries, too.
- He will collect the appropriate documentation, consult with the right experts, and present evidence to a jury should your car accident case go to trial.
- Most importantly, Donovan knows how to effectively fight the insurance companies on your behalf. It is not unusual for more than one insurance company to be involved in a claim after a car accident.
- He has the experience to handle the complicated insurance claims process.
- There are often health insurance claims and hospital bills to be addressed, and he has the experience to handle those complicated medical claims processes too.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, take action to protect your rights and seek compensation as soon as possible. A car accident lawyer like Donovan Dodrill can help you navigate the legal system and increase your chances of winning your case. Please call or text (816) 945-4409 for a free case review.
Consultations are free and confidential, and you’re welcome to call any time to speak about your case. Attorney Dodrill is always happy to provide you with any information about car accident claims you might need so you can make the most informed decision possible about your case.